«

Thursday, March 22, 2007 

Equipment Upgrade!


Finally got my Nikon D40 in my hands! :) Many many thanks to my colleague Ravindra Dubey who took all the trouble to get it for me from the US. Especially considering the fact that we had never even talked to each other before this. It's not every day that you come across such nice people. :)

As you can guess, I'm still getting used to the body and all the controls of the D40 since an SLR is such a big step-up; even from a moderately advanced P&S (Canon PowerShot A95) that I owned previously. One thing is for sure, I absolutely love it!

The D40 kit ofcourse comes with the Nikkor 18-55mm lens, which has great reviews all over the web. Lets see what I can get out of the combo. While I was at it, I also got the Lexar 2GB Platinum SD Card, Hoya Introductory Filter Kit, Lumiquest Softscreen Diffuser, Giottos Cleaning Kit and Lowepro TLZ10 Holster Bag. Yes, I am now willing to sell my shirt for a meal. ;)

I bought everything online from B&H Photo Video. It was a great experience and you can read my testimonial here. Highly recommend them for all photography related purchases.

hmm..good...waiting for more 'magical' snaps from your Lovely D-40!..better keep the sexy away from BED while sleeping..:P
i cant sleep well these days..[:P]

Congrats on getting a DSLR, you will love it!

@zing: Thanks! Am loving it already... :)

A great camera. Once you get the hang of it you will have the potential for great photos.

Post a Comment

About me

Name: Deepak Prakash

Location: Calicut / Cochin / Hyderabad / Bangalore, Kerala / Andhra Pradesh / Karnataka, India

Orkut profile

Watch my blog!

VFXY Photos

Creative Commons License

Get Firefox!
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates